v0.2.3 (06 January 2019)¶
A minor release of the salem package with small bugfixes and a couple of enhancements. This will be the last release to support python 2.
v0.2.2 (21 June 2018)¶
A long overdue minor release of the salem package. It contains several enhancements and bugfixes.
transform_geopandas()can now handle grid to proj transformations.
- Thw WRF vertical interpolation methods now accept a fill_value kwarg which is np.NaN per default but can be set to ‘extrapolate’ if needed.
reduce()function, useful to aggregate structured high-res grids to lower-res grids (Shape to raster – subgrid)
to_geometry()method, useful to compute precise vector to raster masks (TODO: example showing its use)
- new projection for WRF files: polar stereographic
- one can now add a scale bar to maps (see
- google static maps now support the scale kwarg for higher resolution images (PR91). By tbridel
- each salem version is now pinned to a certain commit of the sample-data repository. This is more robust and will avoid future tests to fail for the wrong reasons.
roimethod now accepts an
otherkwarg to fill masked values with something else than Nan (PR96). By Schlump
- the cache directory is also updated when the
pandasversion changes (GH74)
- small bugfixes in the projections and warning handling
- PRESSURE variable was given in Pa, not hPa. This is corrected now.
- Small bugfixes in exotic WRF diag variables indexing
- Corrected a bug in proj_to_cartopy where the spherical parameters were silently ignored. Cartopy maps on WRF domains are now perfect!
Grid.ij_to_crsshould now handle non numpy arrays too
- Corrected an internal bug with latest xarray version (PR97). Users will have to update to latest xarray version (v0.10+).
- Added new coordinate names to be understood by salem (GH100).
v0.2.1 (07 February 2017)¶
Minor release containing a couple of enhancements and deprecations, but mostly fixes for bugs and for the recent xarray and matplotlib upgrades.
ll_cornerkwargs to grid initialisation have been deprecated in favor of the more explicit
- the Grid attribue
orderis now called
origin, and can have the values
salem.open_xr_datasetnow succeeds if and only if the grid is understood by salem. This makes more sense, as unexpected errors should not be silently ignored
deaccmethod added to DataArrayAccessors By SiMaria <https://github.com/SiMaria>
Map.transform()method to make over-plotting easier (experimental)
- new all_touched argument added to
Grid.region_of_interest()to pass through to
rasterio.features.rasterize, tweaking how grid cells are included in the region of interest. By Daniel Rothenberg
Gridobjects now have a decent
- new serialization methods for grid:
grid.transform()now works with non-numpy array type
transform_geopandas()won’t do inplace operation per default anymore
- fixed bugs to prepare for upcoming xarray v0.9.0
setup.pymakes cleaner version strings for development versions (like xarray’s)
- joblib’s caching directory is now “environment dependant” in order to avoid conda/not conda mismatches, and avoid other black-magic curses related to caching.
- fixed a bug with opening geo_em files using xarray or open_wrf_dataset
- various bug fixes and enhancements to the graphics (including the relocation of testing baseline images to the demo repo)
v0.2.0 (08 November 2016)¶
Salem is now released under a 3-clause BSD license.
v0.1.1 (27 October 2016)¶
- Some doc improvements
dskeyword to the accessors
- Natural Earth file lr (low-res) now shipped with sample-data, mr and hr can still be downloaded if needed
- Remove use to deprecated
- GeoNetCDF files without time variable should now open without error
v0.1.0 (22 October 2016)¶
v0.0.9 (22 October 2016)¶